- The different shades of your skin remind you of cotton candy and lobster and strawberry frosted doughnuts…and then you are suddenly hungry
- You say “Allo, aloe” four times a day…in a terrible accent [FACT: day 3 and I still crack myself up!]
- You lie on your bed, naked, slathered in aloe, cursing the fan for the windy pain it’s inflicting
- You thank your lucky stars that you were too lazy to flip over and burn BOTH sides of your body
- Underwear and leg-shaving are optional…as in not.going.to.happen.anytime.soon
- You look forward to the peeling process, because then, it doesn’t hurt anymore. Right? Tell me I’m right!
So – turns out that piling on the sunscreen twice in three hours is NOT ENOUGH. At least for this lady whose skin hadn’t seen the sun since summer of 2011. Yes…remember when I was this pregnant last summer?
Yup. Last summer was all air conditioning and Oreos. The good ol’ days.
So now the sun has been seen and kids – it ain’t pretty. I’m a Southern amateur…all over again.
No bueno. No bueno at all.
At least I don’t look as bad as Tan Mom did…
Nailed by Kristen Wiig, by the way!
And I was NOT going for Ross’s look from when he just couldn’t quite figure out a spray tanning technique…
Ah well. You live and you learn. I guess I was too busy relaxing on the beach with the hubs, baby-less, to feel the burn!
Moral of the story is…SUNSCREEN IS BOSS! Ya need more of it than you think!
p.s. Laying flat on my back for the past two nights has reminded me of pregnancy…and not sleeping. Thanks for the reminder, sunburn. #nothanks #notreadyyet #bellysleeperforlife
High Temperature: 87°