Summer Olympics (and MY Pregnancy Olympic Games)
The Olympic games start Friday, folks, and man am I excited. I’ve always loved watching the Summer Olympic games! I love the gymnastics, swimming, and diving. This year, I may have to check out synchronized swimming, trampoline, table tennis, and badminton because…well…just because!
Since I’m still pregnant and it’s still hot outside, I plan on catching LOTS of the Olympic games this year. I wish this girl was going to compete!
Shawn Johnson – gymnast – retired at age 20!
Events where I’d would lose. badly.
– potato sack racing
– remembering what day it is
– keeping my emotions in check (hello inappropriately loud and hysterical laughter!)
– chinese fire drills [I realize this is probably no longer a PC term, but I don’t know what else to call it – I apologize!]
An olympiad, I’d be…Events where I’d KILL IT.
– turning on a gas stove…handsfree…with.ma.belly
– giving a urine sample without incident (this IS a sport – you CANNOT see a thang)
– leg shaving – again, without being able to see squat
– toenail painting (there would have to be some serious censoring on this one as it is best executed naked!)
– Oreo-eating (duh)
– not sleeping
What Olympic game would be your jam? Which real summer sport? Which made-up sport (these are just more fun to think about!)?
Pregnancy alone IS a 40-week long Olympic trial, if you ask me…but, as usual, no one did.
p.s. They replay Olympic events in the middle of the night, right?
p.s.s. All this London talk makes me reminisce about our royal wedding shenanigans!
Beach Count: 77
Pool Count: 32
High Temperature: 96°