BOY or GIRL, You Be The Judge!
I haven’t been looking much into “gender prediction,” but goodness knows there are many theories out there on how to “predict” a baby’s gender in utero.
The fact of the matter is, we could’ve found out at our 16 week appointment (21 weeks ago!), but chose not to. We also could’ve found out at our 20 week or 20½ week appointments, 23 week appointment, 27 week appointment, 30 week appointment, 32 or 33 week appointments, 34 week appointment, or any of my weekly (or more!) future appointments. Point taken? Yes. If we wanted to know in advance – we would’ve found out by now!!! The whole point is, we never wanted to!
All of that being said, I LOVE hearing everyone else’s thoughts, feelings, and philosophies! We have thought girl all along with absolutely no good reason. Just a feeling. Here are the results of the gender prediction theories (that are on my radar, anyway!)…
- According to the needle test (dangle a needle on a thread over the belly…if it sways in a circle, it’s a girl..if it’s sways back and forth, it’s a boy), it’s a girl.
- According to the Chinese lunar calendar, it’s a girl (so I’ve been told!).
- According to baby’s average heart rate (between 150 and 160), it’s a girl.
- According to this hot bod, weight gain, and my not-so-great complexion (a girl is said to “steal your beauty” – nice), it’s a girl.
- According to the presence of the single umbilical artery, there’s a higher probability of this baby being a girl.
- According to my clumsiness, it’s a boy.
- According to my dreams, I’m having both a boy AND a girl…and this my friends is impossible.
- According to painting the nursery walls blue, it’s a girl.
- According to us thinking all along it’s a girl, it’s a boy.
So, as you can see, there is overwhelming evidence suggesting that we’re carrying a little princess. Truth be told, we honestly and sincerely just want a healthy baby!!! (I know that sounds annoying, but it’s 100% true!) And, most importantly of all, Baby T. will look cutely gender-specific leaving that hospital. I purchased a newborn outfit for both a boy AND a girl!
What do you think we’re having? Why? Please refrain from referencing my width from behind – I’m still trying to find out when I deliver the baby that’s in my bum.
Here’s an updated pic of this belly…
Let’s poll it, for fun!
What's this baby going to be?
- GIRL! (60%, 36 Votes)
- BOY! (40%, 24 Votes)
Total Voters: 60
p.s. Mom and Dad are going to join me for a cooking-to-freeze marathon today. Here’s to hoping that my feet hold up!
p.s.s. Scott has taken out his hospital bag…big step! Now onto packing it!
Beach Count: 77
Pool Count: 32
High Temperature: 89°