Two weekends ago, Scott and I unplugged from the world and had a Babymoon Staycation. Ahhh – it was amazing! We only have about 9 more weekends alone (fingers crossed) until this baby comes. It was both worth it and necessary.
Here were the rules – NO PHONE, NO COMPUTER/IPAD, NO TV (except for one show/movie at night for sleeping’s sake), and NO CHEATING!
We took like 1 picture and a couple of sad lookin’ videos, so we don’t have much to show for it. [What?! We were staycationing!] But, it really was the best! I’ve since proposed that Scott and I do this once a month…seriously.
For real, it was freeing. I absolutely recommend giving it a try!
This was our weekend…
- Dinner downtown at Cypress! This place has been on our list for a long, long time (our Charleston restaurant list is long and strong). My brother gave us a gift certificate there for Christmas (ahem-in May-cough), so we were thrilled to finally get there. It was gorgeous inside, we had an amazing waiter, and the food made us do that this-food-is-so-good-I’m-going-to-dance-a-little-in-my-chair thing. We took a stroll to the upstairs bar afterwards. We’ll definitely go back there for their happy hour menu!
Yes, I have sweeeet video skills!
- Rooftop at Market Pavilion Hotel Bar. We’ve never been disappointed with the views, the breeze, or the cool atmosphere up there. They have these awesome new heaters that I was obsessed with. A couple more weeks and the plexiglass will be down for an even better view. (You can’t really see anything in the following video but some dark coolness. You’re welcome.)
The 2nd video shows the pretty trees better =)
- Home to freshen up and then downtown for dinner at Basil, one of our favorite Charleston restaurants. YUM!
- It was Mother’s Day – so we of course broke the rules to see my Mom! Scott and my Dad cooked us breakfast. Scott gave me a new Pandora charm and a sweet card. I didn’t feel like it was my first Mother’s Day really – it felt more like my Mother’s Day half-birthday. I need to earn that title!!! Oh – and Scott got me a grande decaf mocha cookie crumble light Frappuccino. Yum! (It was my 4th of the week, due to the awesome Happy Hour deal!)
- We spent some time at the pool.
- We put together a gazillion baby items that were lined up in boxes by the front door.
- I don’t remember the rest.
Overall, we did nothing extravagant or over the top. We just enjoyed our “alone time” and realized how important and EASY it truly is to unplug. It was SO.RELAXING.
And guess what? When we plugged back in, we realized that we didn’t miss much AND no one really missed us!
I love you, Scott Michael Trottier! This weekend was one that I will hold onto for a very long time!
Beach Count: 75
Pool Count: 29
High Temperature: 86°