House To-Do List and Nursery Peek #2
A LOT needs to get done in this house, pre-baby. Less than 15 weeks to go….we need to get busy! Here’s our current status on the House To-Do List…
– Purchase and install blinds for our bedroom. No more peeking, neighbs!
– Clean out every room, every drawer, every corner, nook, and cranny. Every closet, every EVERYTHING (ohhh, does the kitchen need work!!!)
– Wash down all of the baseboards, doors, and railings (yawn)
– Wash all of the windows, inside and out
Clean the grout in the kitchen – awesome job, Scooter!
Purchase a rug non-slip pad
– Put up some new shelving in the garage → Mom’s on it!
– Organize garage/attic/closets (including the beer storage situation!)
– Cover cords in spare room
– Purchase a hook for the stroller
BABY’S ROOM –
Steam baby’s rug (to get out the kinks) – thanks, Dad!
Spackle baby’s room walls
Sand baby’s room walls
Paint baby’s room
crib, dresser, lamp(s), glider, curtains, walls prints/art, closet organizers, and other decor
– Purchase a small island with 2 stools for our kitchen…Mom and Dad just gave us a butcher block-like table with shelves/no stools. It’s in the kitchen right now – marinating
– Buy 2 new pillows for the couch (this has nothing to do with the baby, but I’ve been wanting these for a while!)
– Purchase and install screen door
– Purchase a new welcome mat and hanging baskets to fancy up the front door (what? we’ll have lots of visitors!)
I’m sure I’m forgetting tons of things, but this is the list we’re working with so far. It’s time for us to start chipping away, Trottier!
Nursery Peek #2
This is like a double sneak peek – the dresser AND bedding pattern =)
What can I say? I’m feeling generous tonight!
We spent a lot of time on finding the right dresser without breaking the bank. I found this one at Home Decor Furniture and Floor Liquidators for $230 before tax. The best part (according to Scott)? It.was.already.put.together (minus putting on the drawer handles). SCORE!
Our bedding pattern for Baby T. is Skip Hop Mod Dot. They carry it at Target and many other places.
Happy Friday tomorrow, everyone! I cannot wait for the weekend.
What does everyone have planned?
p.s. Look at this huge 13-foot gator that was found (dead) less than an hour from here. YIKES!
p.s.s. I passed my glucose test – wahoo!
Beach Count: 72
Pool Count: 24
High Temperature: 88° =)