It’s about that time when we can find out if we’re having a little girl or a little boy (I seriously first wrote “little girl or little girl” – woah). We actually could’ve found out at our 16 week appointment…but didn’t.
That’s right – WE’RE NOT FINDING OUT!!! (WHAT? what? WHAT?!)
Here is how we came to our decision tokeep this baby’s gender a surprise (for all, including us)!!!
Finding out …
– We can get lots of cute gender-specific clothing
– We can better personalize the baby’s nursery
– We can start saying “he” or “she” instead of “baby” (since we still have yet to come up with a nickname for this babe!)
– We might be able to better visualize this little miracle…maybe
– The surprise is revealed earlier rather than later (this is often a “pro” to others!)
– I have always dreamt about having a surprise for the first (yes, I am one of those girls who has fantasized about this!)
– We won’t have that “IT’S A ____!!!” moment in the delivery room
– Once we know, we can’t take back our decision
– I would buy every stinkin’ cute little outfit out there – baseball OR ballerina (so the con? we’d be poor)
– I definitely want to find out the second time around (if we’re so blessed), so this is our only chance!
So that’s it…a secret it will be until delivery day. YAY!
Yes, I awkwardly took this picture of my own belly.
Babycenter says I should feel the first movement between 16 and 22 weeks, but I WANT IT NOW, DADDY! (Veruca Salt: Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, anyone?).
We have seen the baby move on ultrasound at our last two appointments (he or she is a BIG waver), so all is good under the hood. (Ew?) BUT – I just can’t feel it yet.
I’d like to feel it. Like yesterday. Baby can you hear me? Websites tell me that you should start hearing me (albeit muffled) by now. Those little ear bones are almost fully hardened and your ears are almost in place…so don’t lie to your mother!
Just do it.
Please and thank you.
When did you start feeling your baby move about?!
Is this something I shouldn’t be rushing?
MAKE ME FEEL BETTER, PLEASE!!!
p.s. Anyone watching American Idol? I think this may be the best season e.v.er. Who likes Elise Testone from CHARLESTON?! I’m a fan!