It’s about that time when we can find out if we’re having a little girl or a little boy (I seriously first wrote “little girl or little girl” – woah). We actually could’ve found out at our 16 week appointment…but didn’t.
That’s right – WE’RE NOT FINDING OUT!!! (WHAT? what? WHAT?!)
Here is how we came to our decision tokeep this baby’s gender a surprise (for all, including us)!!!
Finding out …
– We can get lots of cute gender-specific clothing
– We can better personalize the baby’s nursery
– We can start saying “he” or “she” instead of “baby” (since we still have yet to come up with a nickname for this babe!)
– We might be able to better visualize this little miracle…maybe
– The surprise is revealed earlier rather than later (this is often a “pro” to others!)
– I have always dreamt about having a surprise for the first (yes, I am one of those girls who has fantasized about this!)
– We won’t have that “IT’S A ____!!!” moment in the delivery room
– Once we know, we can’t take back our decision
– I would buy every stinkin’ cute little outfit out there – baseball OR ballerina (so the con? we’d be poor)
– I definitely want to find out the second time around (if we’re so blessed), so this is our only chance!
So that’s it…a secret it will be until delivery day. YAY!