Christmas So Far…
So far this Christmas season…
– We hit up James Island County Park Holiday Festival of Lights – a 3-mile drive through hundreds of light displays while listening to static-y Christmas music on a specific radio channel. If your
husband is patient you’re brave (it’s REALLY busy), you can park to roast marshmallows, take photos with Santa, take a train ride, yada yada. Yes, kid-oriented. Yes, we kept on driving. Going right after Thanksgiving was a great way to kick off the holiday season!
– We went to Nights of a Thousand Candles at Brookgreen Gardens, but you already know that! Amazeballs.
– We went to the Charleston Christmas Tree Lighting Ceremony in Marion Square Downtown. This year, I was sans-Scott but with the parents. We really just caught the butt end of the ceremony – the actual lighting. Again, I loved it – but will go for the entire set of performances again next year.
My cute parents in front of the tree
Scott and I last year
– Next we walked through Charleston Place (because the decorations are to.die.for.). Of course, my camera sucks…per usual.
Amazing train set that made me drool
– THEN, we attempted to check out the Parade of Boats at the Battery. Key word: Attempted. Awesome boats all decked out in Christmas lights parading across the harbor…WE WILL SEE ALL OF THIS NEXT YEAR. so cool.
– I’ve eaten A LOT of these…
and a bit of these…
– I filled my iPod with Christmas tunes (fav? Brad Paisley – 364 Days to Go)
– I/We did this…
and this (horrid picture)…
Spunky…all lit up ♥
– Wrote out Christmas cards for the first time in 4ish years. Oops. [Don’t worry – I’m back!)
I know I’m forgetting stuff, but oh well.
Next year, we’re definitely going to the Mount Pleasant Christmas Parade. We hear it’s a great time!
What’s left to do, you ask?
– START and FINISH my shopping (yes, that’s right!)
– Once the shopping happens, WRAP (huge fan, I’d be a professional wrapper if Scott would let me – REEEEEMIX)
– Pack for NY
– Watch ELF and Christmas Vacation at least 42 times…each (and White Christmas at least once)
What holiday traditions have you already checked off your list this year? Anything you’re going to skip?
Am I the ONLY one who hasn’t started shopping yet?
p.s. Do you think I was an elf in a former life. I mean, Wrapping fan? 4’11”? You do the math!
p.s.s. Really, who’s buying me a new camera for Christmas?!!?
Beach Count: 64
High Temperature: 67°