I missed our house anniversary. By like a month. Oops. (Do I ever not miss an important inanimate object’s anniversary/birthday? Ugh!)
To refresh your memory…
We started casually (yeah right!) searching for a house around July 27th of last year. We bid on and *won* our house within days and then closed on this bad boy on August 30th. We moved in Labor Day weekend on September 3rd (after our NY lives arrived on a large tractor trailer!). For more details, click here to visit the old blog.
Aw, Scott is such a good sport!!!
Since then, we haven’t done a whole lotta huge changes to the place. Trust me, we have some biggish plans. Biggish in relation to dolla dolla bills more than in style or structure. Here’s the breakdown…
What We’ve Done
- Painted both downstairs bathrooms (our master twice due to poor judgment and my eh–we-don’t-need-to-test-out-a-sample-first smarts) – 1 purple (what? we live in colorful and charming Charleston!) and one khaki (after the eye-numbing yellow mistake!).
- Painted the upstairs hallway.
- Had our carpets cleaned twice.
- Painted the front door and shutters.
- Tricked out our screened-in patio to where it feels like another room and not a patio
- Planted Spikey, then Spunky!
Yikes – notsomuch
What We’d Like to Do (If I were a fluent Pinterest-er I would show you some ideas, but just like Twitter – mama needs a lesson!)
- Our biggest dream project…hardwood floors on the first floor!
- Purchase a rolling, rectangular island to put by the big kitchen window (but roll out into the middle for big cooking/baking/beer making operations). 2 stools that fit under would be an amazing addition. Those of you who know Scott know that lots of
ganging upmeasuring and convincing have taken a toll on him and he has officially been worn down. Welcome to the island bandwagon dear. =)
- Put hardware on the cabinets in the kitchen and the bathrooms…I think.
- Granite countertops would be nice, but what we’ve got really doesn’t bother us much. A backsplash below the cabinets would be awesome, though!
- Have the family room painted. OR just befriend someone with a taller-than-ours ladder to get down all of the accumulating dust balls up there. That would do it for me. Those buggers drive me nutty.
- Buy a long table console or bench for the entrance area.
- Freshen up some paint.
- Find a new bookcase for the downstairs main area…haven’t really liked the the one we have now since day 1…oops. I’ll fall in deep love with its replacement before purchasing [insert Scott giving me “the look”].
- Get something awesome to put on the wall above our bed.
- Lose the Hollywood/police interrogation light fixtures in the bathrooms – the ballet class mirrors, too!
- Put up more shelving in the garage to maximize our storage situation (it is quite a situation!).
- Put up horizontal blinds in our bedroom (because our curtains are quite see through and that is no good!).
Keep in mind, this is our 5-7 year house. We need not go crazy.
If we never get any of the above list checked off, we’d still be happy here. It’s our first house that is definitely our home!
As long as Scott’s by my side and we get the privilege of living in the city that we love (Charleston!!!) – that is truly all I need!
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY, HOUSE!!!
Beach Count: 61
Pool Count: 18 ← It’s unfortunately time to retire this stat until the Spring…our pool is closed for the season!
High Temperature: 71° (woah – this was a shock to the system, but beautiful!)