Mr. Rooney has been spitting “duh” and “that annoys me, too” and “I always say that!!!” on 60 Minutes since 1978. Let’s face it, he is the original Jerry Seinfeld. Or maybe the very first blogger (minus the technology).
Check out young Andy vs. current Andy below.
Yes, apparently, he’s always had those eyebrows. (1st pic via here.)
Watch one of my fav videos of Andy waxing poetic wisdom about…well, sleep.
– Al Roker → real meteorologist or pretend? Credentials, please!
– All of those cars at the gas station → Where are all of those people, because there’s only one person inside!
– Chick-fil-A restaurants → Why aren’t there a gazillion in every single state? City, even? Seriously…why?!
– Cigarettes → Do people seriously still smoke ’em? For rizzle?!
– 4-day work weeks → Discuss!
– Hair length → When does it go from appropriate to inappropriate for a woman to have long hair? I need to investigate the cut off date (pun intended).
And THAT is just where I’d start. Geesh – now I’m annoyed and want to know those answers!!!
If When I become the next Andy Rooney, what serious topics would you like for me to discuss?!
Is it the weekend yet?
Friday night we’re going downtown for dinner (location: TBD) and some hanging out, Saturday we’ll probably hit Westbrook Brewing, and who knows what else the weekend will bring?
Whatcha got goin’ on?
p.s. Anyone count how many times Andy Rooney said “sleep” in that video. I had all intentions of counting, but got distracted after #15 (damn, Bravo Network). I’m thinking he made it to at least 30.