My Happy List
Even in the toughest of times, the little things in life can turn my frown upside down.
Other than the obvious BIG happy makers (friends, family, Scott, beer), here’s my current Top 10 Happy List…
1. Receiving this book in the mail from one of my very best friends. Being as thoughtful as she is, she remembered my mention of wanting to get my hands on this gem from this post.
I read it in less than 3 days. LOVED IT! Thanks, Christina – xoxo!
2. Upcoming fun Fall plans – Fall Beer Tasting Party a la The Trottiers, Oktoberfest in Charlotte (hopefully Martelle will make a cameo appearance), a weekend with great friends in Asheville, and a visit from my best friend, Lisa, and her husband Seth! Yay!!!
3. Our Charleston forecast vs. our NY hometown’s. 30-40% rain chance will not ruin our weekend plans! It’s still cooling down here, but not quite Fall-like yet. It’ll come – just not yet. I am 100% good with this! =)
4. The fact that ABC owns my Monday nights – year round. The year started with The Bachelor, then The Bachelorette, then Bachelor Pad, now Dancing With The Stars, and who knows what Monday night show will suck me in through December before The Bachelor starts all over again. Phew. So much to watch, so little time!
5. These umbrella hats sold on the side of Highway 17. LOVE these 2 guys who bought them and then had their pictures taken wearing them. Haha!
Click to see the photos larger…I wouldn’t want you to miss out on the fun!
6. My first “modeling gig” (warning: interpret “modeling” as loosely as possible!!!). I wasn’t paid, if that gives you any indication. More on this to come…ha!
7. The fact that my brother in-law booked his flight to Chucktown for Thanksgiving – woohoo!!! Now fingers crossed that my brother can make it happen! ;)
8. FOOTBALL SEASON! Even though the Giants were painful to watch on Sunday, there’s still time to turn it around. As for college football…THANK YOU for voting on Gamecocks vs. Tigers. Carolina won by a landslide – 20 votes vs. Clemson’s 8. The deal is done…GO COCKS!!!
9. The fact that the hubby will be brewing pumpkin beer verrrrry soon!
10. The fact that beer is a constant theme in my life and therefore on this list!
11. BONUS HAPPY MAKER – BLOGGING!
p.s. It’s Charleston Restaurant Week (and a half)…we’ll let you know how it goes!
p.s.s. Thanks AGAIN for all the love ♥
Beach Count: 60
Pool Count: 18
High Temperature: 87°