Evidence That Your Weekend Rocked…
…when on the 3rd day (every weekend should be a long weekend), you…
- nap. twice.
- daydream about showering…but the shower’s just so far away!
- relive the weekend’s events out loud – – in order
- eat half of a left over cupcake while flirting with the 3 ½ others waiting to be eaten
- check Facebook 14 times, just because
- giggle about tomorrow being Tuesday
- scold yourself about not taking any pictures…AGAIN!
- start to scheme about more visitors and long weekends in the future!!!
I think we’re really getting the hang of this whole tour guide thing! There is no rest for the weekend visitor in the Trottier household – time shall not be wasted…sleep is yours to catch on the plane!!!
We got to just about everywhere that Scott and I find necessary when showing off the Charm of Charleston to first time visitors! Here are all of the spots we hit this weekend (FYI: the fun began Friday at 4:30pm and ended at 7am this morning)…
- Downtown – – A LOT of downtown. Amen Street for dinner and Market Pavilion Hotel Pavilion Bar for drinks; Farmer’s Market in Marion Square (best fresh donuts EV.ER); shopping at Urban Outfitters and lots of browsing on King Street; walking walking walking through and around Battery Park, Rainbow Row, the Historic Charleston City Market, and Waterfront Park (twice!). Yeah, our feet hurt.
- Mount Pleasant. THEE bridge. Okay we just drove over it often, not so much with the walking on it. What? Our feet were tired! Red’s at Shem Creek (no trip to Charleston is complete without seeing dolphins!), Mount Pleasant Pier and Memorial Waterfront Park, drive through Towne Centre and Boone Hall Plantation, Harris Teeter, Chick-fil-A (and the serious giddiness that follows) and CUPCAKE. Yes, I included Harris Teeter – ha!
- Sullivan’s Island. Poe’s Tavern for dinner and then a late night walk on the beach. Very romantical.
- Isle of Palms. Beach time with plans of lunch at Coconut Joe’s shack…but that didn’t go very well! The sky opened up and we moved it on out. Bummer, dude.
- Daniel Island. A little driving tour – we passed the big, bigger, biggest, and then GINORMOUS houses. So picturesque.
- Our screened in patio. Yes…it’s a must-experience (with candles lit while head-bobbing to Justin Timberlake’s Justified CD)! Love!
I’m sure I’m forgetting a few stops. Regardless, I am pret-ty proud of our tour guiding skills.
We didn’t even get over to the other side of the peninsula to see West Ashley, Angel Oak, Charleston Tea Plantation, Firefly Vodka Distillery, Irvin House Vineyards, Kiawah Island, or Seabrook Island. We also didn’t go on or to any historical tours/museums/forts, to the aquarium, or on a boat. Next time, kids!!!
The amazing news? Tomorrow is TUESDAY and Bachelor Pad is on tonight. Now…to sneak in a shower before 8pm ;)
WEEKEND LOW? A less than stellar beach experience. High tide (aka – very little beach) + an insanely big crowd + a gazillion out of the ordinary sticks and shells (thanks to Irene?) + pouring rain = underwhelming beach time.
WEEKEND HIGH? Watching 2 people fall in love with our first love, Charleston! ♥
I hope y’all had an amazing Labor Day weekend! What was your weekend HIGH? Did any fellow Charlestonians have visitors? Where did you go? Where did I forget to take our visitors?!
I’VE MISSED YOU!
p.s. College football started this weekend. I’m confused and need your help. Look for my confession through blogging tomorrow!
p.s.s. The NFL starts on Thursday. I need to iron my Giants jerseys ASAP!
p.s.s.s. Sorry about not being able to leave comments lately. Hope you can on this one!!!
Beach Count: 59
Pool Count: 18
High Temperature: 83°