1. Laura and Trevor are visiting for the weekend – SO excited!!! Friday through Sunday look gorgeous!
2. Christina came over yesterday and we she made chana marsala (an Indian dish). I was an exceptionally good stirrer and wine pourer. Stellar.
I had never had this meal or any Indian meal before, so I was excited! It was delish! The chick pea, tomato, garlic, ginger, lemon, and spice mixture over brown rice was tasty and filling. We were camera losers, so I have no proof. Oh well – next time! We enjoyed our dinner, few glasses of wine, and the newest episode of Teen Mom. Oh and Christina officially saw my ugly cry face for the first time. So sorry, Christina, but you have now been initiated into my forever friend club! No, you do not have a say in this.
3. 4 glasses of wine is 2 too many for a Wednesday night. Whoops!
4. Speaking of wine, my parents and I went to the 8th Annual Wine Stomping Festival at Irvin House Vineyards on Saturday. It’s located on Wadmalaw Island, about 45 minutes from where we live.
It was also a Lucy Lookalike contest.
Wowzers is all I have to say about that. The wine was alright (we only tried the dry and sweet whites – Tara Gold and Magnolia, respectively), but the experience was even better. Other than the obvious presence of wine – there was live music, food trucks, and food and craft vendors. It was well worth the cost of $10 a car!
The owners of Irvin House Winery also own the Firefly Vodka Distillery. Therefore, they are on the same “campus.” Vodka tastings were going on inside, but the line was too long (our camping chairs were calling our names). We definitely need to get back there for a normal Saturday tour and tasting at the winery and distillery. Question though…where do I take my nap before heading home?
Look at these sassy salsas that they sold in the wine gift shop. What the what?!
EVENT HIGHS: Being outside, hanging with my parents, and having an amazing pulled pork sandwich from Home Team BBQ. Heav-en.
EVENT LOW: We found out as we were leaving that there were WINERITAS for sale. Why keep this a secret from us? Why???
5. I got this in my fortune cookie a few weeks ago…
Who pre-ordered my personalized fortune cookie message for me? Thank you! I SO agree! ;)
Anyone else in shock that it’s already September?!?!
What are y’all up to this Labor Day weekend? Enjoy!
p.s. Looking to increase the beach count this weekend…maybe even the pool!