3 Years of Lurrrve!
Buckle your seat belts for many pictures and little talk. Okay, okay…I’ll try!
Monday was our 3rd wedding anniversary. THIRD. So crazy! We decided, since we just got back to Chucktown, to have an anniversary STAYcation. That’s right – do some special, fun stuff that we wouldn’t necessarily do on our non-anniversary. At least not all in one day. AKA – live it up and go downtown to a fancy dinner. Sounds like a perfect STAYcation anniversary celebration to us!!! Here’s a little (teeny tiny) step back in time before giving you the anniversary lowdown…
An oldie but goodie – 6 months into dating (about 6 ½ years ago!)
Engagement night – the smartest “yes” that ever came out of my mouth
♥ Our wedding day ♥
1st anniversary! No, that cake was NOT frozen for a year. That was a fresh anniversary cake, thankyouverymuch!
2nd anniversary – freshly (5 days!) in Charleston
Here’s the skinny on this year’s anniversary in consecutive order…
1. Our first stop was Walmart. That’s how’d you kick off your anniversary, right?! We went there to pick out our anniversary cards, show them to each other, and then not buy them (a genius trick we learned from my parents!). This was our first time using this tactic and we LOVED it! Laughed the entire time in the card aisle. We highly recommend this trick for cheapos like us (cards are expensive!). Notice lots of 3-fingers being held up in pictures, signifying 3 years. =)
2. Next, we went to Metto Coffee & Tea in Mount Pleasant for my favorite summer drink – a Caramel Freeze. Yummmm! Scott got a medium regular coffee of some sort. Love that place! I always have warm fuzzies whenever I step foot in that door.
3. Next – to Folly Beach – the local beach we frequent the least. Why?
It’s an extra 10 minutes away. I don’t think we’re sure anymore. Well, I DO know that the drive there is torture on weekends and holidays. But on a Monday anniversary afternoon? Perfection!
4. After some swimming, we went for lunch and a cocktail at Taco Boy and then a beer at Folly Beach Brewing Company. Please excuse my salty hair!
5. We cleaned up and got ready for some anniversary STAYcation festivities downtown. My parents were extremely generous by agreeing to be our personal taxi service for the night, so that
we Scott didn’t have to worry about drink consumption. Thanks, Mom and Dad!
– Dinner at Magnolias = heaven. It was our first time there, but we promise you, not our last! We started with some yummy Louis Martini Cabernet Sauvignon. Crispy Fried Oysters was our appetizer of choice…the corn relish with it was de-lic-ious. Ate every bite. For dinner, I got the Shellfish over Grits and Scott got the Wild Caught Shrimp and Scallops. We had absolutely no complaints! Our waiter’s name was Patrick and he rocked. At least I think that was his name. Or was it Jeffrey? Shoot – my memory stinks!
– After dinner, we walked around a bit to find another new spot for one more anniversary drink. Mercato was the place! It had a great bar, romantic mood lighting, and a bartender with a European accent. ALSO live jazz music with a singer that sounded like Nora Jones. Ahhhh – yes, please! I had the “Kissing Bandit” (aw!) and Scott had a Westbrook IPA beer. There was a couple next to us visiting from Ohio. They asked if we were on our honeymoon. Guess we still have that glow! ♥
– To finish off the night, we had our very first dessert from the famed Kaminsky’s. It was so busy in there, we got it to-go. I got the mixed berry cobbler and Scott got the Oreo pie. We were so full, but we made it happen.
Happy 3rd anniversary to the love of my life!!!
p.s. Stay tuned for new deets on Spikey. Grab your tissues, friends.
Beach Count: 49
Pool Count: 12
High Temperature: 95°