Summer Jams (the musical kind)
There’s nothing better than the
windows down air conditioning on, the sun shining, summer vacation on the horizon, and summer jams blaring!
Isle of Palms (I don’t have a picture of me rocking out in the car, so a pic of the beach is always good!)
Here are my current fav songs that make me wanna be on the beach with a cold beverage in hand (in no particular order)…
1. “Toes” – Zac Brown Band…semi-inappropriate, but incredibly catchy! My new fav!
2. “When the Sun Goes Down” – Kenny Chesney…“everything gets hotter when the sun goesss down!”
3. “Goodbye Earl” – Dixie Chicks…I cannot help but sing obnoxiously loud when this song is on. There’s even some air drumming to be seen!
4. “Rock & Roll” – Eric Hutchinson…his entire album (Sounds Like This) is awesome. Time for album #2 there, buddy!
5. “Precious Love” – James Morrison…a feel good song that makes me wanna squeeze my hunny.
6. “Before He Cheats” – Carrie Underwood…a song that makes me wanna squeeze my hunny tighter (so he doesn’t make me go Carrie Underwood on his a$$)!
7. “Mine” – Taylor Swift…love me some Taylor Swift!
8. “Beer in Mexico” – Kenny Chesney…makes me think of our honeymoon in Mexico – and beer.
9. “Waiting on the World to Change” – John Mayer…I put how much John Mayer annoys me aside for this song.
10. “Amongst the Waves” – Pearl Jam…“flying high amongst the waves.”
11. “Mayberry” – Rascal Flatts…one of Rascal Flatts’ many summertime songs!
12. “Settlin'” – Sugarland…this one needs to be up loud real loud to drown out my off-key-ness.
13. “I’m Yours” – Jason Mraz…this guy is amazing in concert!
14. “Waking up in Vegas” – Katy Perry…can you imagine?
15. “No Shoes No Shirt No Problems” – Kenny Chesney…ahhh the beach life ♥
Let me sum up what these songs choices suggest about me, even though I’m assuming that you may have already beaten me to it. I like adult beverages and girl power, Kenny Chesney = summer (to me), country is my favorite music genre, and I AM RANDOM! C’mon – it’s good stuff! If you haven’t heard one/some of these songs, please look ’em up on YouTube! You cannot be in a bad mood after listening to any one of them.
Here’s “Toes” by Zac Brown Band (remember, a little inappropriate)…
What’s YOUR favorite summer jam and why? Maybe it brings you back to a favorite memory? Maybe it makes you immediately start busting a move?
p.s. Does anyone use the word “jam” anymore in relation to music? Ha!
p.s.s. I only said “amazing” once in this post…improvements! (Now I need to work on the exclamation points!)
Beach Count: 41 (about to make it 42!)
Pool Count: 11
High Temperature: 88°