There’s nothing better than the
windows down air conditioning on, the sun shining, summer vacation on the horizon, and summer jams blaring!
Isle of Palms (I don’t have a picture of me rocking out in the car, so a pic of the beach is always good!)
Here are my current fav songs that make me wanna be on the beach with a cold beverage in hand (in no particular order)…
1. “Toes” – Zac Brown Band…semi-inappropriate, but incredibly catchy! My new fav!
2. “When the Sun Goes Down” – Kenny Chesney…“everything gets hotter when the sun goesss down!”
3. “Goodbye Earl” – Dixie Chicks…I cannot help but sing obnoxiously loud when this song is on. There’s even some air drumming to be seen!
4. “Rock & Roll” – Eric Hutchinson…his entire album (Sounds Like This) is awesome. Time for album #2 there, buddy!
5. “Precious Love” – James Morrison…a feel good song that makes me wanna squeeze my hunny.
6. “Before He Cheats” – Carrie Underwood…a song that makes me wanna squeeze my hunny tighter (so he doesn’t make me go Carrie Underwood on his a$$)!
7. “Mine” – Taylor Swift…love me some Taylor Swift!
8. “Beer in Mexico” – Kenny Chesney…makes me think of our honeymoon in Mexico – and beer.
9. “Waiting on the World to Change” – John Mayer…I put how much John Mayer annoys me aside for this song.
10. “Amongst the Waves” – Pearl Jam…“flying high amongst the waves.”
11. “Mayberry” – Rascal Flatts…one of Rascal Flatts’ many summertime songs!
12. “Settlin’” – Sugarland…this one needs to be up loud real loud to drown out my off-key-ness.
13. “I’m Yours” – Jason Mraz…this guy is amazing in concert!
14. “Waking up in Vegas” – Katy Perry…can you imagine?
15. “No Shoes No Shirt No Problems” – Kenny Chesney…ahhh the beach life ♥
Let me sum up what these songs choices suggest about me, even though I’m assuming that you may have already beaten me to it. I like adult beverages and girl power, Kenny Chesney = summer (to me), country is my favorite music genre, and I AM RANDOM! C’mon – it’s good stuff! If you haven’t heard one/some of these songs, please look ‘em up on YouTube! You cannot be in a bad mood after listening to any one of them.
Here’s “Toes” by Zac Brown Band (remember, a little inappropriate)…
What’s YOUR favorite summer jam and why? Maybe it brings you back to a favorite memory? Maybe it makes you immediately start busting a move?
p.s. Does anyone use the word “jam” anymore in relation to music? Ha!
p.s.s. I only said “amazing” once in this post…improvements! (Now I need to work on the exclamation points!)
Beach Count: 41 (about to make it 42!)
Pool Count: 11
High Temperature: 88°